Palisade Gardens Retirement Community Memory Care
A wonderful new living option for those dealing with Alzheimer’s or related dementias – Right inside the community landmark of Palisade Gardens.
The Harmony Life Enrichment Program at Palisade Gardens is an unparalleled experience for those dealing with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia. The Harmony Program is based on the renowned Montessori approach in dealing with memory loss; focusing on adding meaning and purpose to each and every day, based on the individuals’s personal history, needs, interests, skills and abilities.
With only twenty three suites in the Harmony “neighbourhood” within Palisade Gardens, residents feel very much at home. Suites are comfortable and specifically designed to enhance memory, allowing for a sustained sense of independence. Carefully selected and well trained staff assist residents during each day to provide a service-rich and lively atmosphere.
Meaningful activities that engage an individual’s attention and connect with their interests, add a much-needed dimension to the lives of those dealing with memory loss. Harmony Life Enrichment Memory Care offers a variety of robust and vibrant programs:
- Enrichment programs: Music, art, crafts, dance, yoga, meditation, gardening, Fit Minds, reading groups, and spiritual programs.
- Cognitive programs: Memory games, word games, brain teaser exercises and discussion groups, current events, journaling and creative writing.
- Fitness programs: light cardio exercises, strength training with light weights and bands flexibility and balance.
In addition, there are individualized programs including an iPod program, Montessori activities, one-on-one volunteer based programs. Intergenerational events with local schools and organizations, as well as peer-mentoring activities.
Memory Care Benefits & Positive Outcomes
Studies show that environments & programs such as ours can demonstrate achievable outcomes –
- Improved Communication
- Less Disorientation
- Enhanced Physical & Mental Status
- Greater Sense of Physical & Mental Status
- Empowered and Enabled Residents
- Improved Time Adjustment & Sleeping Habits
- More Effective Use & Reduced Need For Medication
- Reduced Agitation and Behavioural Problems